What is a walk through metal detector?
Walk through metal detector, also called archway walk through metal detector or multi zone door frame metal detector, is an electronic device which detects the presence of metal objects hidden within human body, which is designed to protect mass events, industrial plants and correctional facilities, sports facilities and stadiums and any other places where it is not allowed to bring metal objects, providing health frendly inspection of people in search of dangerous metal objects. Supplied with multiple separate overlapping metal detectors in one frame which more accurately and quickly identify metal while tracking metal moving position sound and light alarm, combining the required security with a high level of operating efficiency, multi zone door frame walk through metal detector allows a high flow rate of people through the gate with a minimum number of nuisance alarms (with personal items for example such as coins, keys or belt buckles can pass through the magnetic field without causing an alarm. Coming with compact and lightweight desigh, multi zone walk through metal detector is adaptable to any soundings and aesthetically suitable for the most discrete applications.
Walk through metal detector types
Single zone walk through metal detector: simply detects presence of metal objects, but does not locate where the metal objects are on the persons body.
Multi zone walk through metal detector: will locate the whereabouts of any detected metal objects. The more detection zones supported by the device then the more accurate the location
The advantages of walk through metal detectors
1. multiple independently adjustable detection zones to ensure uniform detection throughout the aperture.
2. equipped with the display indicating the location of the detected metal object(s) by pinpointing either left, right or center position of the height where the item(s) passed through the metal detector.
3. adopt DSP digital signal processing technology to automatically scan and detect the mechanical and electromagnetic interference of the installation site environment, automatically adapt to the working environment, and has high immunity to electromagnetic and mechanical interference; no need for periodic calibration, greatly improving resistance to dryness ability;
4. has a variety of alarm sound selection modes to suit different occasions.
5. aesthetic, unobtrusive and light weight
6. quick, accurate analysis of all parts of the body of people in transit, from the shoe level to the crossbar
7. High transit flow rates and the minimum need for intervention by inspection personnel
Applications of walk through metal detectors