Walk through metal detector, also known as an archway metal detector or a multi-zone door frame metal detector is an electronic device that detects the presence of metal objects concealed within the human body. It is used to protect public gatherings, industrial facilities, prisons, sports venues, and other locations where it is prohibited to bring metal objects, and it offers a safe and comfortable way to screen people for potentially dangerous objects. Such door frame metal detector combines the necessary security with a high level of operational efficiency, allowing a high flow rate of people through the gate with a minimum number of annoyance alarms (with personal items like coins, keys, or belts buckles can pass through the metal detectors without being detected). It is supplied with multiple separate overlapping metal detectors that more accurately and quickly identify metal while tracking metal moving position sound and light alarm. Multi-zone walk-through metal detectors provide a small, light design that makes them adaptable to any sound and aesthetically appropriate for even the most covert uses.
Single zone walk through metal detector: does not pinpoint the location of the metal objects on the person’s body; it merely detects their presence.
Multi-zone walk through metal detector: will locate the whereabouts of any detected metal objects. The more detection zones supported by the device then the more accurate the location
The advantages of walk through metal detector
1. many zones of detection can be separately adjusted to guarantee consistent detection across the aperture.
2. has a display that shows the left, right, or center position of the height where the object(s) passed through the metal detector, depending on whether it was a metal object or not.
3, Adopt DSP digital signal processing technology to automatically scan and detect mechanical and electromagnetic interference of the installation site environment; automatically adapt to the working environment; has high immunity to mechanical and electromagnetic interference; requires no periodic calibration, significantly improving resistance to dryness ability; 4. has a variety of alarm sound selection modes to suit different occasions.
5. attractive, discrete, and lightweight
6. Rapid and precise examination of all human body parts while they are moving, from the shoe to the crossbar
7. High transit flow rates with minimal need for inspector intervention
The applications of walk through metal detector